Do you constantly find yourself flip-flopping between plans and things that promise to be the magical potion, the secret sauce thing that is going to solve all of your problems and fast-track you to success city?
I used to do this too. Until I figured out my own strategy.
I hunkered down. I thought about my business.
· Who was my ideal client and what was their story? How could I show up and help them get where they want to be?
· I thought about my mission and my why. Why did I want to help these ideal clients? What was my big goal in helping them? Why did I care?
· I asked myself: what do I like doing in my business? What are some of the things that I do now that I LOVE – what sort of things do I want to share, how do I want to show up, how does my ideal client need me to show up?
· Then I thought about where I wanted to get to. What sort of business did i want to have? What sort of services did I want to eventually incorporate? What were my big goals?
Once I had identified these BIG goals, I worked backwards.
Essentially, I laid out a path of breadcrumbs to lead me to where I wanted to get to.
Doing all of this helped me cut through the overwhelm. Because, for the first time in my business, I stopped focusing on other people and what they were doing and what i, in turn, thought I then should be doing.
Here’s how you can do the same for your business. Really think about:
· what is my brand identity?
· what is my purpose?
· what is my business’s place in the world?
· where do I want this business to go?
· what is my BIG goal?
· what steps do I need to take to get there?
And of course, it goes without saying, that you also need to go really deep into your ideal client so that you can understand what activities, what action, what services, what content, will speak to them and will get them to a place of picking you.
I have seen over and over again how much this strategy and the time I took to figure it out has literally saved me, my mental health and my enjoyment of life.
This is all you need to fly, to grow, to expand, to scale, to fulfil your fullest potential and your wildest dreams.
For more on this, listen to Episode 6 of the Copy Coach podcast.
Behind the scenes in the atelier, copy tips, business motivation and other things we like.
join the copy community
The Copy Atelier is a boutique copywriting and marketing agency for business owners and CEOs that specializes in pairing conversion copywriting with high-impact strategy for maximum results. Based in Edinburgh, Scotland, and available worldwide.
terms & conditions
© copyright The Copy Atelier 2021
branding & web design by kindly
photos by your happy pics